Milwaukee Bucks president Peter Feigin penned a letter in response to a primary Take segment Wednesday where nearly everyone on the panel was unified in their contempt towards possibly traveling to at least one of the “terrible cities” that remain in contention for the NBA Finals. Feigin questioned when was the last time any of the primary Take hosts visited Milwaukee, and offered to offer them a private tour, highlighting its “eclectic and exciting neighborhoods,” and “spectacular Lake Michigan waterfront.” “There’s a reason people are moving to the present welcoming gem of a city in record numbers,” Feigin wrote. “Oh, by the way, Milwaukeeans are very nice. anticipate to hearing from you.”
The First Take crew seemed to be particularly displeased about the likelihood of getting to Milwaukee next month. “Do you actually want to be in Milwaukee? Is that where you would like to be?,” guest Damien Woody asked, resulting in an emphatic “hell no” response from Stephen A. Smith. Moderator Molly Qerim Rose chimed in, saying she was relieved that she and Max Kellerman weren’t traveling for the Finals because “it’s getting to be terrible cities.”
While Kellerman tried to defend Rose’s remarks by saying that she didn’t mean it, Smith doubled down, stating, “I don’t believe I’ve rooted for the Atlanta Hawks or l. a. Clippers more in my life.” consistent with FiveThirtyEight, the Bucks have a 79 percent chance of creating it the NBA Finals, as against the Hawks’ odds, which sit at 21 percent with Game 1 scheduled for later tonight. In 2019, Inside the NBA host, Ernie Johnson fought back tears while speaking about the chance to return to his hometown of Milwaukee to hide the Bucks’ first two home games within the Eastern Conference Finals.