Lionel Messi receives formal PSG two-year contract offer after Barcelona exit

3 min read
0
0
10

Lionel Messi has received a proper two-year offer from Paris Saint-Germain. The French club has offered Messi an initial two-year deal, thought to be worth £25m a year after tax, and therefore the six-time Ballon d’Or winner and his representatives are now reviewing and considering it carefully. Messi also has two other potential options after leaving Barcelona but PSG remain the favourites to sign him. Barcelona announced Messi wouldn’t continue at the club after they were unable to fulfil a replacement contract that had been agreed with the player thanks to “financial and structural obstacles”.

The Argentina international has spoken directly with PSG head coach Mauricio Pochettino in the week about moving to Paris. Asked if PSG are going to be his next move at his farewell press conference on Sunday, Messi said: “That is one possibility, to succeed in those heights. “I’ve got nothing confirmed with anybody. I had tons of calls, tons of interested clubs. At the instant, nothing is closed, but we are talking a few lots of things.” PSG quickly emerged because of the front-runners for his signature, during a move that might reunite him with former Barcelona team-mate Neymar.

Messi said he didn’t want to go away to Barcelona in an emotional farewell press conference on Sunday. Messi was in tears as he received an ovation in his final Barcelona news conference to announce the top of his 21 years with the club. Barcelona confirmed Messi’s departure on Thursday night, an equivalent day he returned to Catalonia following his post-Copa America holiday. Messi had travelled to Barcelona expecting to agree on the small print of the announcement of his new five-year deal, and he confirmed he offered to scale back his wages by 50 per cent.

“This year, my family and that I was convinced we were getting to occupy the home, that’s what we all wanted quite anything,” said Messi. “We’d always made this our own, we were receiving. We thought we might be staying here in Barcelona. But today, we’ve to mention goodbye to all or any of this.”

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Akash Dananjaya
Load More In USA News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Canelo Alvarez leaves Caleb Plant with a bloody eye after wild press conference brawl

Caleb Plant and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez had to beat some negotiating hurdles to …